Become a CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Energy Assessor (LCEA) to produce non-domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
Join the CIBSE Certification register of industry respected professionals to produce non-domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).
What is a CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Energy Assessor?
Low Carbon Energy Assessors (LCEAs) provide Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and Display Energy Certificates (DECs). The requirement for EPCs was introduced on 6 April 2008 under the Energy Performance in Buildings Regulations (EPB Regulations) for any non-domestic buildings that were bought, sold or rented. The requirement for DECs was introduced in June 2008 for buildings occupied by public authorities. Energy certificates can only be provided by certified energy assessors who are members of an approved scheme such as CIBSE Certification Ltd.
LCEAs also produce Air Conditioning Inspection Reports (ACIR). The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 require inspections of all air conditioning systems with rated outputs over 12 kW at intervals not greater than 5 years.
LCEAs join the CIBSE Certification register of highly competent individuals who are able to help clients minimise the carbon emissions of their buildings, both in design and operation by doing more than simply ‘counting carbon’.
CIBSE Certification LCEAs carry out tailored energy assessments (EPC, DEC and A/C) that not only identify the most relevant, cost effective solutions to improve the energy efficiency for your buildings but also your business needs.
Our LCEAs are industry leaders who provide, alongside the required energy certificate, an accompanying thorough report which helps you to put the advice given by our LCEAs into practice. By choosing an LCEA, you can be sure you are getting the very best advice available, and are engaging an experienced, certified practitioner with the ability to steer a project through to realised carbon and cost savings, whatever your carbon aspirations.
Key benefits of becoming a low carbon consultant (LCC) and low carbon energy assessor (LCEA) with CIBSE Certification:
- By registering with CIBSE Certification you are accessing experienced Energy Assessors and experienced Building Services Engineers with a wealth of knowledge and experience for FREE support and advice when you need it
- Online LCC and LCEA register
- LCC and LCEA Marketing toolkits
- Monthly newsletters keeping you up to date with competence related information.
- Assessors can lodge using any government approved software for EPCs, DECs and ACIs allowing you to choose which software you prefer to use
- Competitively priced lodgements – discounts can be negotiated for larger purchases.
- Your own LCEA Lodgement site for each strand (to manage your own profile, lodgements, important information and updates)
- CIBSE Certification accepts the APEL route (Approval of Prior Experiential Learning).
- Qualification Route - applicants who are suitably qualified via ABBE, City & Guilds or NFOPP for EPCs and DECs, but not AC)
- Transfer Route - applicants that have been certified via the APEL route with any other certification body.
- LCEAs can have additional organisations listed against their profile on the LCEA register.
- ID card and certificate
- A long standing, friendly, knowledgeable and dedicated Certification team that are there to provide support and to help you every step of the way