Become a CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultant
There are no formal entry requirements to the examination, but it is advised that you familiarise yourself with the level of knowledge expected beforehand and take appropriate training.
- To join the CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultants Design Register you must first pass an examination in the theory and practice of designing buildings for optimal energy performance. More information can be found on the CIBSE Training website
- To join the CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultants Design Register Scotland you must first pass an examination in Section 6. More information can be found on the CIBSE Training website
- To join the CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultants Building Operation Register you must first pass an examination in the theory and practice of operating buildings. More information can be found on the CIBSE Training website
- To join the CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultants Simulation Register evaluation will be either by examination after the course or continual evaluation during the course; specific arrangements differ between training and examination providers. Once the completed evaluation has been marked you will be notified of your mark and also whether you have passed or failed. Certificates will be issued by the training and examination partners to successful candidates. For details of organisations currently offering examinations click here.
Please note: These companies also offer training to those individuals that wish to improve their knowledge prior to taking the examination. Please contact them directly for information on training and examination dates and fees.
- To join the CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultants EnMS Register you must first pass an examination in the theory and practice of the implementation of ISO 50001.
We have already identified a number of examination providers that can be used, and they typically also provide training to assist in preparing for assessment if required. There will be other providers of this sort of training which may also be useful preparation. If other training courses include assessment, we may be able to approve that assessment as meeting the requirements for our register. Please contact us if you would like us to consider an assessment that you have passed at email@example.com
The list identified to date is as follows:
- CIBSE LCC Energy Management System / ISO 50001:2018, The Energy Management System Standard Training. Information on this can be found here.
- BSI 5 day ISO 50001 Energy Management System Lead Auditor Course
- Any IRCA Certified ISO 50001 Energy Management System Course with a minimum of three days of attendance
Successful completion of any of these courses supported by a certificate will satisfy our assessment requirements for admission to the CIBSE Certification LCC (EnMS) Register.
Candidates using an IRCA backed exam certificate will also need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations by passing the Part L 2021 Update exam provided by CIBSE Training
Apply to become a CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultant
Once you have passed the exam for the strand(s) of your choice you can apply to become a CIBSE Certification LCC by completing the application form and submitting any supporting documentation.
1 - Download the LCC Application pack - complete the application form and sign the CIBSE Certification Code of Conduct
2 - Submit a digital photo of yourself saved as JPEG (taken against a white background where possible) for your ID card.
3 - Submit a copy of your employer's Professional Indemnity Insurance Certificate
Please email completed applications and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a member of the Certification team for further information on 020 8772 3649.
Once your application has been approved a member of our team will contact you regarding payment of the registration fee.
Renewal of Registration
Registration will be renewed annually. In order to re-register you will need to have undertaken CPD to increase your low carbon skills, for further information on renewing your registration please click here.
To find out more about the key benefits of becoming a LCC click here
If you have a query about any aspect of the Low Carbon Consultants Register email the Certification department email@example.com or contact us directly on 020 8772 3649.
About Low Carbon Energy Assessors
Many Low Carbon Consultants (LCCs) also become a certified Low Carbon Energy Assessor (LCEA) in order to provide the Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and Display Energy Certificates (DECs) which have been introduced under the Energy Performance in Buildings Regulations (EPBD Regulations) since 6 April 2008. These certificates can only be provided by certified energy assessors who are members of an approved scheme one of which is the Low Carbon Energy Assessors Register. Please refer to the Become a CIBSE Certification LCEA sections for more information.
About ESOS Lead Assessors
In 2015 CIBSE Certification were approved to operate an ESOS Lead Assessor register in support of the ESOS Regulations. ESOS reports identifying the total energy use and energy savings opportunities for large organisations must be signed off by a registered ESOS Lead Assessor. You need to be an LCC to become an ESOS Lead Assessor. Please refer to the Become a CIBSE Certification ESOS Lead Assessor section for more information.