Transfer Route for DEC Assessors
CIBSE Certification accepts applications made by applicants who are already certified via the APEL route with another certification scheme for the strand that they are applying for. CIBSE certification aim to provide applicants with a straight- forward transition to certification as an LCEA/LCC by offering a transfer route.
APPLICATION - WHAT’S INVOLVED?
Applicants will need to demonstrate their competence and submit evidence to the scheme. The scheme shall assess the information provided by the applicant to enable the applicant to become certified with the scheme. (Please find below application procedure)
- All applicants must complete the Transfer Route application form and sign the declaration (CCF380).
- All applicants must read all of the scheme documentation and sign the CIBSE Code of Conduct (CCMP006)
Please see below:
- Scheme Description Document (CCSDD 201).
- Terms and Conditions (CCMP 002).
- Code of Conduct (CCMP 006)
- Disputes and Complaints procedure (CCP 101).
- CPD for the Low Carbon Consultants Register (CCP 111).
- Suspension, Withdrawal and other changes to certification status (CCP 136)
Download Transfer Application Pack (2MB zip file).
Please email completed applications and supporting documentation to email@example.com or contact a member of the certification team for further information on 0208 772 3649.
All applicants will need to answer the following questions on the application form (CCF380) and provide evidence as necessary. This information will be checked by CIBSE Certification:
- Name of Certification scheme you are currently registered with.
- Have you ever been revoked by another Certification scheme? If Yes, please provide details.
- Have you ever been or are you currently suspended from another certification scheme? If Yes, please provide details.
- Declaration from current Certification body confirming that you have been certified via the APEL (Approval of Prior Experiential Learning) route with them.
- Please provide one RRN number of a certificate you have lodged in the last 2 years.
- DEC RRN:
- All applicants need to provide a passport style photograph (taken on a light background) saved in Jpeg format.
- All applicants need to provide a colour copy of your passport, photo driving licence or government issued identity card.
- All applicants need to provide a copy of their Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) certificate – the certificate should hold as a minimum: the insurer name, policy number, policy amount, the start date and end dates (even if it is a continual policy), and signatory name and signature and position. The minimum PII requirement for DEC is £100,000;
- All applicants need to provide a copy of their Public Liability Insurance (PLI) certificate – the certificate should hold as a minimum; the insurer name, policy number, policy amount and the start date and end dates (even if it is a continual policy). The minimum requirement for DEC is £1,000,000.00.
- All applicants need to pass the LCC examination, to enable entrance on to the LCC register. For information on the one-day LCC Operation and Management course with assessment for experienced DEC Assessors, click here.
- All applicants applying DEC will need to provide certification with a copy of your relevant software certificate from your preferred software provider.
6. CPD – Continual Professional Development
- It is a condition of certification that you provide evidence of on-going learning. Please complete your CPD record online at https://cibse.force.com. This will be examined upon application and audited every year.
- You can find the full CIBSE Certification CPD requirements here.
7. QA – Quality Assurance Audits
- All applicants will be Quality Assurance checked as a certified assessor as set out in the DCLG scheme operating requirements all applicants must also comply with the QA audit requests, processes and procedures as part of becoming a certified assessor.
8. Costs Involved
For DEC applicants the Low Carbon Consultant Building Operation exam must be successfully completed for entry on to the Low Carbon Consultants register. Training is not mandatory but recommended.
For available course dates and fees please refer to the CIBSE Training website or contact the Training department on 020 8772 3660 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discounts apply if completing one day or exam only.
There is NO assessment fee for the Transfer application. The annual registration fee for the LCEA DEC register is £315 + VAT, and calculated on a quarterly pro rata basis if joining part way through the registration year, which runs from September of each year.