Qualification Route for DEC Assessors
CIBSE Certification accepts applications made by applicants who hold a specific Energy Assessor Qualification via ABBE, NFOPP or City & Guilds. We aim to provide applicants a certification opportunity through a UKAS accredited certification body that offers recognised certification in the industry and demonstrate their competence further by joining the CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultants Register.
Application - What’s involved?
Applicants will need to demonstrate their competence and submit evidence to the scheme. The scheme shall assess the information provided by the applicant to enable the applicant to become certified with the scheme.
- All applicants must complete the Qualification Route application form (CCF 314) and sign the declaration.
- All applicants must read all of the scheme documentation below and sign the CIBSE Certification Code of Conduct (CCMP006):
- Scheme Description Document (CCSDD 201).
- CIBSE Certification Terms and Conditions (CCMP 002).
- CIBSE Certification Code of Conduct (CCMP 006)
- CIBSE Certification Disputes and Complaints procedure (CCP 101).
- CPD Requirements (CCP 111).
- Suspension, Withdrawal and other changes to certification status (CCP 136)
Download the Qualification Route Application form (1MB zip file)
Please email completed applications and supporting documentation to email@example.com or contact a member of the Certification team for further information on 020 8772 3649.
All applicants will need to answer the following questions on the application form (CCF 314) and provide evidence as necessary. This information will be checked by CIBSE Certification:
- Name of certification scheme you are currently registered with.
- Have you ever been revoked by another accreditation scheme?
- If Yes, please provide details
- Have you ever been or are you currently suspended from another accreditation scheme?
- If Yes, please provide details
- Provide one DEC RRN number of a lodged certificate in the last 2 years, if lodged.
- All applicants need to provide a passport style photograph (taken on a light background) for your CIBSE Certification LCEA ID card, saved in JPEG format.
- All applicants need to provide a colour copy of their passport, photo driving licence or government issued identity card
- All applicants need to provide a copy of PII certificate – (Professional Indemnity Insurance) the certificate should hold the following information (start date and end date even if it is a continual policy, policy number, insurer, indemnity amount). Minimum requirement for indemnity for DEC is £100,000.
- All applicants need to provide a copy of PLI certificate – (Public Liability Insurance) the certificate should hold the following information (start date and end date even if it is a continual policy, policy number, insurer, indemnity amount). Minimum requirement for indemnity for DEC is £1,000,000.00.
- All applicants need to provide a copy of their ABBE, NFOPP or City & Guilds qualification certificate signed and verified by a senior manager or representative. CIBSE Certification will check the validity of the information provided with the training/examination provider.
- All applicants need to pass the CIBSE LCC Builidng Operation examination. For information on the LCC Building Operation course/assessment click here.
6. QA – Quality Assurance Audits
- All applicants will be Quality Assurance checked as a certified assessor as set out in the DCLG scheme operating requirements, applicants must also comply with the QA audit requests, processes and procedures as part of becoming a certified assessor.
7. Costs Involved
CIBSE Training offer a 2 day LCEA/LCC training course and exam or exam only – Qualification Route applicants are offered a discount if completing the one day or exam only. For more information contact CIBSE Training on 020 8772 3660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is NO assessment fee for the Qualification application. The annual registration fee for the LCEA DEC register is £315 + VAT, and calculated on a quarterly pro rata basis if joining part way through the registration year, which runs from September of each year.
The DEC registration includes entry on to the LCC Building Operation Register.